This crisp, fresh and healthy appetizer partners slightly bitter endive with sweet oranges, buttery Manchego cheese, and toasted almonds.
– 3 Belgian endives, outer leaves separated
– 3 oranges
– 2 oz Manchego cheese, thinly sliced or goat cheese, crumbled
– 1/3 C sliced almonds, toasted
– Chives, minced
– Fresh pepper
– Olive oil
– Sherry vinegar
1. Wash endive leaves and peel off individual leaves.
2. Peel, de-pith and slice oranges. Fill leaves with orange slices.
3. Top with sliced Manchego cheese, almonds, and chives.
4. Finish with black pepper, olive oil drizzle and splash of sherry vinegar.
Serving Size: 2 endives
Yield: 10-15 servings
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving
Protein 2.0 g
Total fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 4.9 g
Saturated fat 1.3 g
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
Cholesterol 5.0 mg
Sodium 27.0 mg
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and to find cooking and nutrition classes, go to the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center website. More great info also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board.