Tracking health information can be a headache — from determining deductibles, to reviewing claim status, to finding the best health care providers in your network. Accessing this information takes time and, often, multiple passwords and accounts.
This month, Colorado State University Human Resources is launching a smartphone app and online service, through a partnership with Anthem, that allows you to view your personal CSU health benefits in one place, including dental and vision, along with other benefit programs.
The platform also offers access to your medical ID card, telemedicine appointments through LiveHealth Online and compares cost savings options. The app is available to any faculty or administrative professional employee and their dependents enrolled in an Anthem health plan through CSU.
CSU Human Resources is launching
a smartphone app and online service,
through a partnership with Anthem.
“The app, Anthem Engage, is a personalized health care assistant that makes tracking a multitude of details related to health benefits easier to understand,” said Teri Suhr, chief total rewards officer. “You can safely and confidentially track all of your insurance coverages, wellness efforts, claims and expenditures in one place.”
Through the app, which is also available via desktop computer, you can access:
- Your personal wellness efforts such as sleep, diet, and exercise
- Search options to find quality providers and specialists to build your customized care team
- A list of your medications and pharmacy benefits
- Fitness guidance and tips for supporting a healthy lifestyle
- Costs accumulated toward your deductible for individuals covered on your plan
- A calculator to estimate costs for services or procedures prior to your visit
- Compare reviews and quality scores for providers, clinics, and hospitals
- Access to LiveHealth Online, which connects you to a doctor after hours, similar to a virtual urgent care
- Direct links to other CSU services such as Commitment to Campus, the CARE Program and the Employee Assistance Program
The Anthem Engage app has been vetted by Academic Computing and Networking Services to ensure it meets university security criteria. CSU employees who sign up before Nov. 30 are entered to win one of four iPads provided by Anthem.
The Engage app can be downloaded through Google Play or the App Store.