Story by Jennifer Richards
Subjects are needed for a cardiovascular research study at CSU studying the effects of aging on muscle blood flow control in humans.
• 18-35 or 55-90 years of age
• Healthy and not taking any blood pressure or cholesterol medications
• Sedentary or moderately physically active
– Free body composition/bone density assessment
– Monetary compensation for select studies
– Treadmill test for subjects > 55 years of age
The Human Cardiovascular Physiology Laboratory in CSU’s Department of Health and Exercise Science is conducing the study, titled “Regional blood flow control and vascular function: effects of aging and regular physical activity.” Participation involves a one-hour screening visit and a single study day visit (five hours).
The principal investigator is Professor Frank Dinenno.
IRB protocol: 14-5392H