Are you a CSU employee interested in bicycling to campus, but have some concerns that prevent you from pedaling?
Parking and Transportation Services would like to invite you to participate in the Get Back on the Bike Program for the 2018-2019 academic year, and is actively seeking participants for the cohort now.
Participants will receive:
- An individualized bicycle travel training meeting focusing on travel from home to work
- A free bicycle tune up courtesy of Parking and Transportation Services and the Spoke
- Optional fitness assessment with the Campus Recreation Department
- Eight monthly Lunch-and-Learn presentations which cover a number of topics and include lunch:
- Preparing to ride
- Infrastructure and rules of the road
- Winter bicycling
- Fueling up (nutrition)
- Campus culture
- Bicycle maintenance
- Bicycles and transit
- Riding techniques and additional resources
- A number of commuting equipment essentials:
- Commuter bag
Participation in the program requires that employees:
- Attempt to commute to work three times per week from September-November and March-May, and one time a week during December-February
- Complete the 8 hour League of American Bicyclist’s, Smart Cycling curriculum
- Record their bicycle and transit commute trips to CSU using the waytogo.org/ website
To participate in the Get Back on the Bike program, contact Aaron Buckley at (970) 491-2492 or Aaron.Buckley@colostate.edu.