Enjoy dining while managing diabetes
Dining With Diabetes returns with 4 weekly classes in the Nutrition Center that combine nutrition information and social support with meal planning and cooking skills practice. Dinner is included each week in addition to a program manual and pedometer.
This program is especially helpful for anyone with pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes. We’ll explore realistic changes you can make to your diet and physical activity habits to feel better and control diabetes without it controlling you.
- Four weekly classes with a registered dietitian
- Diabetes and nutrition education plus hands-on cooking classes
- Menu planning, portion control and label reading
- Recipes and ideas for meals, desserts and snacks
- Handouts on fats, sugars, sweeteners, grains, and proteins
- Food safety
- Guidelines for physical activity
Class meets on Thursdays from 5:30-7:30 p.m., January 29, February 5, 12, and 19 in Room 114 of the Gifford Building. The location offers convenient parking and building access.
- $60 for complete series/CSU
- $100 for complete series/non-CSU
Plan ahead. classes fill up fast!
Sign up online or call (970) 491-8615 soon to reserve your spot.
Sponsored by the College of Health and Human Sciences, Food Science and Nutrition.