Colorado State University faculty and staff have so far contributed more than $90,000 to support community charities and non-profits through the 2014 Colorado Combined Campaign, which runs through Dec. 31. There’s still time to donate online or via the paper pledge form sent to your campus address.
The Colorado Combined Campaign is the only opportunity faculty and staff – and state employees in general — have to make charitable contributions through the convenience of payroll deduction.
To help support the campaign and all it does for the local community, several area business and campus offices have donated prizes that range from gift certificates to a free annual CSU “A” parking pass. All employees who donate through the CCC will be entered in the prize drawing.
Last year, state employees across Colorado donated more than $1 million to the statewide campaign, supporting more than 700 non-profit charities. CSU ranked second in the state in terms of overall contributions to the campaign.
“CSU promotes a spirit of service and community responsibility, and we support this campaign so we can offer our faculty and staff the convenience of giving to their favorite charities by payroll deduction,” said CSU President Tony Frank. “Everything we give through the campaign comes back to help make our communities stronger and more healthy, benefiting charities that feed the hungry, aid the sick, promote arts and culture, support victims of disaster, and much more.”
(Faculty and staff who want to give to make a charitable gift to CSU don’t need to go through the CCC—they can just give directly online.)
To make a CCC donation:
- You can choose to donate by check, cash, or credit card, or an automatic payroll deduction. If you choose payroll deduction, your first monthly contribution will begin January 1, 2015.
- Visit this web page to donate online. You will first need to register (even if you gave online last year, you have to register again — to protect donors’ personal information, the Campaign requires a new registration for each donor every year).
- Paper pledge forms were bundled and sent to each department office. If you need a new paper pledge form or didn’t receive one, please contact the Office of the President, (970) 491-6211. A hard copy of the Campaign Resource Guide was also sent to each campus office and is available on the CCC website.
Your decision to give through the Colorado Combined Campaign is personal and up to you. It is not a condition of employment at CSU, and information about who gives, who doesn’t, and which charities you decide to support will not be shared with your department, division, or co-workers. Whether you submit a hard copy donor form or give online, your personal information will only be seen by those involved with processing your giving request.
In thanks to those who give back so much to our community, CSU faculty and staff who contribute to the Colorado Combined Campaign will have an opportunity to win some great incentive prizes.
- A free CSU parking pass for the 2015-16 academic year (donated by CSU Parking Services)
2nd Grand Prize:
- A $100 gift card from Santa Fe Craftsman
- B&B’s Pickle Barrel
- Café Vino
- Celestino’s New York Pizza
- CSU External Relations
- Campus Recreation
- The Cupboard
- The Egg and I
- Great Harvest Bread Co.
- Pizza Casbah
- Savory Spice Shop
- Spoons Soups and Salads
- Walrus Ice Cream