CSU and CU may be rivals on the field, but we are joining together to urge Ram and Buffs fans to support relief efforts for Hurricane Harvey. At the Rocky Mountain Showdown Friday, fans will be urged to donate to redcross.org or text Harvey to 90999 and they will be billed $10 on their phone bill as a donation to the Red Cross.
The American Red Cross, joined by many other local and national organizations, is working along the Gulf Coast to help the thousands of people whose lives have been devastated by Hurricane Harvey and the flooding that has ensued.
Many other organizations have engaged in the rescue and recovery effort. Here are few organizations that are accepting donations to support Hurricane Harvey recovery efforts:
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund: A fund set up by the City of Houston to directly support the local communities
- Galveston County Food Bank, Houston Food Bank, and the Food Bank of Corpus Christi all are asking for donations.
- Houston SPCA: Supports Houston animal rescue efforts, large and small animal
- Austin Pets Alive: Coordinating many of the animal evacuations to other areas around the state and country.
- Texas Diaper Bank in San Antonio is asking for diapers and wipes, which can mailed to 5415 Bandera Road, Suite 504, San Antonio, TX, 78238.
- The United Way of Greater Houston flood relief fund will be used to help with immediate needs as well as long-term services like minor home repair. Visit their website to donate or text UWFLOOD to 41444.