The Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) is pleased to announce the designation of 21 Programs of Research & Scholarly Excellence (PRSE) for fiscal years 2017-2020.
“These PRSEs were selected because they have achieved great distinction and set a standard for excellence in research, teaching and service both internally and externally. This designation provides enhanced visibility and enables advocacy in the context of the larger research and training missions of CSU,” said Alan Rudolph, vice president for research. “The PRSE designation is a signal to everyone that these programs have reached new levels of leadership and innovation at CSU.”
Winning programs will be appointed a graduate fellow annually to increase research capabilities and provide hands-on learning experience for graduate students.
“The Graduate School is extremely pleased to provide an annual graduate fellowship to each program. Graduate research will bolster the momentum of these innovative programs while the fellows themselves will benefit from an experience that advances their ability to create pioneering research,” said Jodie Hanzlik, dean of the Graduate School.
Additional funds will be made available to PRSE-designated programs through an OVPR competition in July. PRSE programs will be eligible to compete annually for roughly $500,000 in PRSE funds to enhance the impact of their programs.
Newly appointed PRSE programs:
- Center for Literary Publishing
- Center for Advanced Magnetics
- The Public Lands History Center (PLHC)
- Institute for the Built Environment
- Cancer Biology and Comparative Oncology (CBCO)
- Infectious Disease Research & Response Network (IDR2N)
Renewed PRSE programs:
- Occupational Therapy
- Atmospheric Science/CIRA
- Musculoskeletal Research Program
- Center for Extreme UV Science & Technology
- Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Lab
- Molecular Cellular and Integrative Neuroscience (MCIN)
- Human Performance Clinical/Research Lab (HPCRL)
- Wheat Research, Outreach & Education
- Water Science & Engineering for Global Solutions
- High Energy Physics & Particle Astrophysics (HEPPA)
- Graduate Degree Program in Ecology
- Chemical & Molecular Sciences
- Natural Resource Ecology Lab (NREL)
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Graduate & Research
- Center for Interdisciplinary Mathematics & Statistics