Employee Study Privilege
CSU faculty and staff are eligible to take nine free credits per year using their employee study privilege.
These credits can be used for taking classes
For more information, see the Employee Study Privilege
page on the Human Resources website or call (970) 491-MyHR.(6947)
Tuition Scholarship Program
Eligible family members of CSU faculty and staff may qualify for a 50 percent tuition discount. For information, visit http://sfs.colostate.edu/tuition-scholarship-for-eligible-family-members-of-csu-employees
. The Tuition Scholarship Program also is available to employees’ family members.
CSU employees’ eligible family members may apply their tuition scholarship benefits at CSU-Pueblo or CSU-Global Campus as well as at CSU. For more information, contact Human Resources
at (970) 491-MyHR (6947).
Joan Gaynor Kuder Scholarship
In 1989, the Joan Gaynor Kuder Scholarship
was established in memory of Joan who served in several capacities during her 17 years of association with the university. She believed strongly in and encouraged life-long learning, and the important role it plays in employees' job satisfaction. The first scholarship was awarded in 1992.
There are two scholarships available for this academic year, each for $2,500. The Scholarship Committee is seeking applications for these scholarships from full-time, 9- or 12-month CSU employees (administrative professional, state classified, faculty) who have an active record of academic achievement and advancement, are working toward an identified educational goal, and have contributed to their particular units and/or to the University community by serving in additional capacities.
Employees do not have to be formally admitted to a degree program to be considered for this scholarship; past recipients are not eligible for the scholarship.
The recipient(s) must be enrolled at that time to receive the funds.
The application form is at www.studentaffairs.colostate.edu/kuder-scholarship
Janet and Allan Eddy Scholarship
The Janet and Allan Eddy Scholarship was established to annually provide a $1,000 scholarship to eligible Colorado State University employees who have made sustained progress toward attaining an undergraduate degree from CSU.
Janet and Allan Eddy worked at Colorado State University over 30 years, in a number of offices including Enrollment Services, Human Resources, the Music Department, Hartshorn Health Center and the Alumni Office.
They have encouraged family and fellow workers to continue their education as a way to prepare themselves for both work and home. Both Janet and Allan hope this scholarship will provide both the incentive to continue pursuing a degree as well as some meaningful monetary assistance to the person chosen.
Recipient must be enrolled at that time to receive the funds.
- Colorado State University employee (30-40 hours per week) 9-month or 12-month;
- Eligible employees include state classified personnel or future equivalent;
- Demonstrate sustained progress toward a degree by registering for 3 to 9 credits per academic year (which may include the Colorado State study privilege) with the stated goal of attaining a degree from Colorado State University;
- Employees must be formally admitted to an undergraduate degree program in the College of Business or College of Engineering or in majors related to gerontology or the care of the elderly; and
- Individuals who have contributed to their particular departments and/or the University as a whole by serving in additional capacities.
This is a competitive award. A completed application includes:
- Copy of transcripts (unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Short answers to questions relating to your academic goals, service to your employer and community.
Application form is available at http://www.studentaffairs.colostate.edu/eddy-scholarship