Transportation options, other than driving and parking, are available for students who live off campus and who need to attend classes on Friday, Oct. 26, and faculty and staff who are on campus after 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 26.
Campus will begin to transition for the 8 p.m. football game with Wyoming at Canvas Stadium as early as 8 a.m. Most parking lots for students who commute will remain open until 3 p.m. Students who need to be on campus after 3 p.m. have options for getting around:
- The LSC Transit Center will remain open and Transfort routes are expected to run as normally scheduled. Your RamCard is your free bus pass on all Transfort services, including MAX, and Flex to Loveland, Longmont and Boulder. Please verify routes and schedules via the city’s Transfort website, Ridetransfort.com.
- Carpool or drive to a transit stop, including a MAX stop, and take MAX or a Transfort bus the last leg of your commute. MAX runs every 10 minutes and has three stations on or bordering campus (Prospect, University and Laurel Stations). For a map of Park and Ride lots along MAX, scroll to the bottom of com/max.
- Ride your bike, or use a Pace bike share bike. New users enter code “CSU” for $10 in ride credit. Visit com/fortcollins for more info and to sign up.
- Ask a friend to drop you off and pick you up from campus or a nearby location that you can walk to. Your ride will be able to drive onto campus until shortly before 5 p.m., although they should not park and leave their vehicle. Arrange your meeting time for when you’ll be able to be in the meeting location.
- Park at Research Blvd., although parking may be limited, and take the HORN to main campus. The HORN will stop serving the lot in the late afternoon, with the last shuttle leaving the LSC Transit Center around 4:45 p.m.
Please be aware that parking permits may be required by the city for some residential neighborhoods surrounding campus. Students, faculty and staff who don’t need to be on campus on Friday are encourage to avoid coming to campus, or to leave before 3 p.m.
For more information about the plan for the transition to game day on Friday, including information about road closures, click here.