Over the next few weeks, recent high school graduates will flood campus to receive their first glimpse of college life. During Ram Orientation, students will obtain their student IDs, register for courses, learn CSU history and traditions, and become more familiar with the campus. Welcome, first-year students!
Ram Orientation dates for first-year student orientation are filling up, but there are still several open sessions as well as sessions with waitlists available.All new CSU students are required to attend an orientation program. Ram Orientation is designed specifically for first-year students. It's a great place to meet other students and is where you will:
- Complete academic advising
- Register for fall classes
- Learn about the many resources available on campus
- Officially become a CSU Ram
- Establish your eID
- Study for and take the Math Placement Exam remotely
- Study for and take the Composition Placement/Challenge Exam remotely
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for fall classes
- Turn in your health immunization forms
- Learn about graduation requirements
- Take a Foreign Language Placement proctored exam (if applicable)
- Get your Ram Card
- Order your text books from the CSU Bookstore
- Meet other students
- Explore campus involvement opportunities
- Learn about academic resources and student services on campus
- Learn about what it means to be a CSU student!
- A photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport)
- EIdentity username and password
- Test results from any Advanced Placement Exams that you have taken (if available)
- Health history form and certificate of immunization (if not sent in already)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Necessary toiletries for overnight lodging
- A fan, if you are staying overnight on campus - Braiden Hall is not air-conditioned
- A water bottle - it gets hot!
- A backpack to carry all of your materials
Colorado State University and Fort Collins are situated along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. During your visit to CSU and Ram Orientation, you might want to build in some time to explore the area's recreational opportunities, diverse cultural attractions, restaurants, and shopping.