Colorado State University, Herman Miller and Workplace Resource have entered into a strategic partnership that will save CSU money, provide scholarships and internships to students, help employees address ergonomic concerns with office furnishings, and provide office furniture discounts to employees and alumni.
The partnership will include annual monetary support for either fellowships or scholarships, as well as four internships for CSU students at Workplace Resource and one internship at Herman Miller corporate offices. In addition, Herman Miller will help train CSU staff in ergonomics as well as provide discounted, ergonomically-smart furnishings for university offices, discounts for employees for home offices, and an alumni discount.
Partnership enhances long-term relationships
Herman Miller and Workplace Resource have an extensive history with CSU already, including teaming up with the university to renovate an interior design teaching space in 2013 through the company’s Learning Spaces Research Program. That program partners with higher education institutions to pilot new approaches to learning and teaching through the use of learning spaces. When Morgan Library was most recently remodeled, the original sofas purchased in the 1960s from Herman Miller were repurposed and reupholstered for continued use.
Herman Miller and Workplace Resource also share values with the university, including the importance of sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and creating a great place to work. Our companies focus on using the safest materials available, as well as recycled content. In addition, many of the furnishings are easily recycled at the end of their lifespan.
Employees, students and alumni benefit
Specifically, the partnership through Procurement Services provides CSU employees with:
- Access to more than 300 product lines through Workplace Resource
- Discounts range from 40-70 percent off list prices
- An employee home office program with an approximate 25 percent discount from retail. Purchases support the university with a 2 percent rebate
- Alumni receive a 15 percent discount off the Herman Miller on-line retail store. Purchases support the Alumni Center with a 5 percent rebate
- Collaboration on diversity and inclusion initiatives and monetary support for speakers to come to CSU
- Provide consultation to the CSU Career Center and assist students through such enhancements as mock interviews, workshops, and recruiting assistance
- Scholarships, fellowships, internships, and mentoring across various university departments
- Joint research opportunity