The Office for Scholarship and Fellowship Advising and the Udall Selection Committee has announced the opening of the 2018 Udall Scholarship competition, and applications are due by Jan. 19.
The Udall Scholarship is a nationally competitive award given to sophomores and juniors who have demonstrated a commitment to environmental issues, or sophomores and juniors who identify as American Indians or Alaskan Natives and would like to pursue careers in tribal public policy or Native health care.
Competitive candidates will have:
• demonstrated a commitment to a career related to the environment, tribal public policy, or Native American Health Care through public service
• displayed leadership or engaged in consensus building on campus
• a strong moral character
• maintained a high GPA
Recipients of the award receive:
• lifelong membership in an active and growing network of alumni
• meeting other student leaders at the Udall Scholar Orientation
• up to $7,000 for educational expenses
Those who are interested can attend one of the information sessions below.
Information for applicants interested in the Environment category:
Wednesday, Nov. 1, at 4:30 p.m. in LSC 328/330
Information session for applicants interested in the Native American Health care and Tribal Public Policy categories:
Wednesday, Nov. 8, at 4: 30 p.m. in LSC 226/228
The campus deadline for the Udall Scholarship is Friday, Jan. 19, 2018. For more information, contact Mary Swanson at Mary.Swanson@colostate.edu or 970-491-2185.