The Rocky Mountain Student Media Corporation (RMSMC) was awarded five Pinnacle Awards and two honorable mentions during the College Media Association Conference held in Louisville, Kentucky, Oct. 25-28.
Competing with more than 3,000 entries across categories, both The Rocky Mountain Collegian and KCSU-FM garnered praise for news packages, promo creation and advertising.
At the College Broadcasters, Inc. convention, which took place the same weekend in Seattle, Washington, KCSU-FM and CTV were awarded a total of six awards. A list of all the awards and honors is below.
The College Media Association acts as a congregate of more than 700 media professionals that advise collegiate media outlets nationally, including newspapers, magazines, television and radio broadcast, digital media and yearbook production. College Broadcasters, Inc. also brings together advisors and students working for electronic media outlets and aims to provide both professional and educational opportunities for those involved.
“The opportunity to have my creative expression appreciated is incredibly humbling and inspiring,” said Ave Martin, the production director for KCSU and a recipient of one of the awards. “I joined radio for the sake of having fun, and it has transformed into something I never could have anticipated. This is truly an honor.”
The awards received by RMSMC include:
The Rocky Mountain Collegian
- Best Multimedia Campaign, 2nd Place
- Best General News Photo, 2nd Place
- Best Ad Campaign, 3rd Place
- Best House Ad, 3rd Place
- Best Multimedia Breaking News Story, Honorable Mention
- Best Sports Columnist, Honorable Mention
- Best Audio Regularly Scheduled Program, 1st Place
- Best Radio Promo/PSA, 2nd Place
- Best Audio Newscast, 4th Place
- Best Video Live Production, 1st Place (Humans of CSU), 4th Place (CTV Cooks)
- Best Video News Reporting, 2nd Place
- Best Video General Entertainment Program, 4th Place
- Best Video Live Production, 4th Place
Earlier in the year, The Princeton Review also named The Collegian as the ninth best campus newspaper. This accolade made it both the highest ranked public school newspaper and highest ranked newspaper for a university with a student body population over 25,000.