If you’re looking to save a few calories on game day this weekend, try this healthier version of spinach and artichoke dip!
Try adding different seasonings, such as an Italian for a different flavor, or crushed red peppers to give it some spice. You can also experiment with different cheeses such as pepper jack or parmesan.
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 (6-ounce) container low-fat plain yogurts
- 2 cup shredded part-skim, low moisture Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into 1-quart casserole dish or 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, bread or crackers!
Serving Size: 0.75 cup
Yield: 10 servings
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories 177 Protein 8.9 g
Total fat 11.5 g Total Carbohydrates 7.8 g
Saturated fat 4.1 g Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
Cholesterol 14.2 mg Sodium 335.8 mg
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 (6 ounce) container low-fat yogurts
- 2 cup shredded part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- Green onions
- Garlic clove
- Red bell pepper
- 9” pie plate
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula or spoon
- Cutting board
- Garlic press
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and to find cooking and nutrition classes, go to the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center website. For more health tips and recipes, follow the College of Health and Human Sciences on Pinterest.