If you’re looking to save a few calories on game day this weekend, try this healthier version of spinach and artichoke dip!
Try adding different seasonings, such as an Italian for a different flavor, or crushed red peppers to give it some spice. You can also experiment with different cheeses such as pepper jack or parmesan.
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 (6-ounce) container low-fat plain yogurts
- 2 cup shredded part-skim, low moisture Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into 1-quart casserole dish or 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, bread or crackers!
Serving Size: 0.75 cup
Yield: 10 servings
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories 177 Protein 8.9 g
Total fat 11.5 g Total Carbohydrates 7.8 g
Saturated fat 4.1 g Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
Cholesterol 14.2 mg Sodium 335.8 mg
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 (6 ounce) container low-fat yogurts
- 2 cup shredded part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- Green onions
- Garlic clove
- Red bell pepper
- 9” pie plate
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula or spoon
- Cutting board
- Garlic press