Combining the bitter taste of dates and the salty taste of bacon provides a highly flavorful snack, perfect for any summer barbecue!
Serving Size: 2 pieces Yield: 18 servings
1 pack center-cut uncured bacon
36 whole, pitted dates
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add enough bacon slices to cover, and cook until golden brown and slightly crisp in places, flipping half way through. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with remaining bacon, draining bacon grease as necessary.
3. Cut strips of bacon into thirds.
4. Using one cut bacon slice, wrap each date, and secure with a toothpick.
5. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Protein 2.2 g
Total fat 1.4 g
Total Carbohydrates 36.0 g
Saturated fat 0.7 g
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
Cholesterol 5.0 mg
Sodium 90.5 mg