This summer, in addition to launching an online version of the Master’s in Arts Leadership and Administration, the LEAP Institute for the Arts at Colorado State University will offer an Arts Board Leadership Entrepreneurs Workshop (ABLE).
Board members are a key player in the success of arts organizations, yet many are not equipped with skills specific to this important role. Led by international arts management expert and LEAP Director Constance DeVereaux, and in collaboration with Image Arts Consulting, LEAP is reaching out to the arts community to provide five weeks of inspiring training focused on fiscal responsibility, governance, fundraising, program evaluation, and additional arts board leadership topics.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Apply a range of management skills and leadership styles to direct organizations and projects
• Envision funding strategies in support of arts activities and events
• Speak effectively and eloquently about the essential value the arts bring to community life
• Use basic financial documentation skills for decision-making
• Increase project evaluation abilities
• Gain a better understanding of board fiscal responsibility
• Develop the basic skills of strategic and succession planning
• Practice effective communication for superior leadership
• Conceptualize successful collaboration with community members to best reflect community needs
The deadline to register is June 25. ABLE takes place on Wednesdays, July 22 – Aug. 19, 5:30-8 p.m. at the University Center for the Arts. For more information, visit LEAP.colostate.edu.