It’s no secret that affirmations contribute to a positive work environment. Throw some encouragement a colleague’s way by nominating them for the AP Star Award or the Distinguished Administrative Professional Award. Anyone can nominate an AP employee for either award.
AP Star Award
Created to express appreciation by recognizing the accomplishments of administrative professional employees who have demonstrated outstanding individual performance at CSU, the AP Star Award is a great way to show colleagues you notice their dedication to their work and to CSU.
Consider the following when nominating an AP employee:
• AP Stars demonstrate the willingness to go above and beyond in their work within their department, in collaboration with other units and/or the campus community
• An AP Star uses resources in a more effective manner (doing “more with less”)
• An AP Star contributes to the CSU administrative professionals on campus through leadership, support and mentoring
• An AP Star recognizes and honors the importance of work-life balance and supports it in themselves as well as their area, department and the University
2019 AP Star Award applications close Feb. 8. To nominate someone, complete the online form, which is available at https://ap.colostate.edu/awards/ap-stars-award/
Distinguished Administrative Professional Award
This prestigious award recognizes the very best Administrative Professionals on campus who offer operational efficiency, leadership, mentoring and innovation, and demonstrate the principles of community at CSU. Winners will receive their award and be recognized at the 2019 Celebrate! CSU Event on April 10. In addition, DAPA winners receive a $1,000 award.
Consider the following when nominating an AP employee for the DAPA:
• Shows operational efficiency through funding securement, cost-saving measures or innovative/streamlined processes
• Demonstrates leadership and mentoring with on- and off-campus community members and amongst peers, and is student-centered
• Displays innovation through technology, techniques and instructional or training curriculum, and showcases cutting-edge work
• Upholds and models the Principles of Community by demonstrating inclusion, integrity, respect, service and social justice in their community
2019 DAPA Award applications close Feb. 15. To nominate, complete the online form, available at https://ap.colostate.edu/awards/distinguished-ap/
Those who want to nominate an employee for an award but are unsure which employment category they are in (state classified vs. administrative professional vs. faculty) may contact the HR Service Center (491-6947 or HR_Service_Center@mail.colostate.edu) or Erika Borges in University Operations (491-5258 or email@example.com), or ask the supervisor of the individual.