CSU Parking and Transportation Services encourages faculty, staff and students to join the National Bike Challenge. The National Bike Challenge is a nationwide event uniting thousands of current bicyclists and engaging countless new riders. It is a free and easy way to challenge yourself, your colleagues and your community to ride more while competing on a local, state and national level.
Participants can register as an individual, create a club or group, or join an existing club or group here at CSU.
Why take part?
- Achieve cycling goals. Use the challenge as motivation to enjoy riding more. Set goals, earn badges, cheer each other on, enjoy some friendly rivalry with friends, neighbors, and colleagues
- You want a bike friendly world. Show your support for biking and a healthier, happier world
- Win prizes by participating
- Compete on leaderboards. If a little friendly competition gets your motor-running and legs-cranking, then we have a host of leaderboards for you to enjoy
- Enjoy building community. Connect with your friends, co-workers and fellow riders. Share your stories and your photos and encourage each other to enjoy riding
- Let’s get more people riding and smiling. Your participation helps to show how many people ride, and you can also encourage non-riding friends and co-workers to get back on a bike. More people riding helps to get biking infrastructure built and helps our communities become more bike friendly
The National Bike Challenge runs May through September. Individuals, teams of friends, clubs, states, and other groups will compete every month and through the five-month riding season on the various leaderboards.
CSU Parking and Transportation will offer prizes for the university community. National prizes also are available.
You can use one of the following apps to track your challenge:
- Ride Report
- The Love to Ride app
For more information about the National Bike Challenge, contact Aaron Buckley, Aaron.Buckley@colostate.edu or 970-491-2492.