The fence will close University Avenue westof Amy Van Dyken Way to the Computer Sciences building. The fence will remain up through Fall 2018, until the completion of the project. The roughly 40,000-square-foot addition provides much-needed space for the growing college: a student success center, state-of-the-art teaching labs, meeting space and a new home for the Center for Collaborative Conservation. Read more.
Additional projects starting in May include:
- A full closure of Lake Street between College Avenue and the railroad tracks from May 22-26 for repaving
- Utility work in Lake Street, creating lane closures, May 15-June 15
- Additional lane closures on Lake Street through June 5 along the stadium site
- University Avenue closure between Morgan Library and the Lory Student Center for steam plant work May 22-June 2
- Lane closures on Pitkin Street for repaving from the new Chemistry Building to the railroad tracks, and installation of a new sidewalk.
- East Drive will close for workers to finish repaving from May 15-June 20.
- Intersection work at College and Prospect will continue to create lane closures through July.
- Lane closures will continue on Shields Street at Elizabeth through August.
In addition, the “new” Meridian Avenue opens east of the stadium in mid-June, providing access between Pitkin and Lake streets. The connector road by Summit Hall will close after Meridian opens.