Need help planning your Homecoming & Family Weekend activities? Relax. We’ve got you covered with a dozen fun things to do to reacquaint you with your alma mater and Fort Collins while rekindling all those fond memories of your time here. Be sure to take photos and share them using #CSUHomecoming for a chance to win cool CSU swag!
1. Be green (and gold) and ride TransFort’s MAX bus rapid transit to campus or Old Town.
2. Wander around campus and while marveling at how much has changed, look for the lecture hall where your favorite course was held.
3. Get your feet wet in the Lory Student Center. Find the high-water mark from the 1997 flood, then explore the rest of the center’s remodeled glory. Don’t miss the Ram-head elevator buttons.
4. Feed your family at a new dining center (Academic Village, Laurel Village, or Durrell Center) and annoy current students at the table next to you by telling them how good they have it compared to the food in your residence hall back in the day.
5. Work off that meal by taking advantage of the 4-days-for-12-dollars Homecoming special at the Student Rec Center.
6. Take a selfie with CAM the Ram or one of the Ram statues.
7. Enjoy Festival on the Oval and the Homecoming Parade, then before you leave the Oval, uphold a long-standing Ram tradition by kissing someone special.
8. Attend Friday Night Lights on the west lawn by the Lory Student Center and watch how much your family loves the bonfire, fireworks and the lighting of the “A.”
9. Join in chanting, every time you hear it, the Colorado State article of faith: “I’m proud to be a CSU Ram!”
10. Bid a fond farewell to Hughes by showing some love for the marching band and football team at Ram Walk next to the Alumni Association tailgate.
11. Challenge the student section to see which side of Hughes can raise the most “Ram Ruckus” while cheering our team to victory.
12. Go on a pilgrimage to 132 Laporte Ave. and spend a moment of silence for the passing of Washington’s Sports Bar and Grill. Then find a new watering hole in Old Town and toast good times and good friends at the old “Wash Bar.”
Welcome home, Rams!