This light and fresh cherry salsa makes a tasty, and beautiful, addition to your summer grilling.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ pounds cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup shallot or red onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 8 thin-cut chicken breasts, about 3 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more if needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Whisk lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, honey and salt in a bowl. Stir in cherries, shallots or onions, and basil. Refrigerate until chicken is ready.
2. Coat both sides of each chicken breast with olive oil and season with pepper. Grill over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Thermometer should read 165°F. Let rest for a few minutes, and then top with cherry salsa and serve.
Serving Size: 3 ounces chicken with 1/3 cup cherry salsa
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories 177 Protein 20g
Total fat 5.7g Total Carbohydrates 11g
Saturated fat 1g Dietary Fiber .2g
Cholesterol 62mg Sodium 114mg