The Graduate Student Showcase is currently accepting proposals from Colorado State University graduate students. Research, creative and entrepreneurship submissions are all encouraged for the GradShow. Proposals must be submitted online to gradshow.colostate.edu by Sept. 21.
The all-day conference, on Nov. 9, engages students in an interdisciplinary environment designed to stimulate innovation, collaboration and networking. More than 300 graduate students from all eight colleges are expected to participate and will present their work to approximately 100 judges from across the campus.
Participants celebrate their accomplishments with the campus community, gain experience for national conferences, strengthen their communication skills and network with thought leaders within and outside of their fields.
The GradShow is sponsored by the Graduate School and the Office of the Vice President for Research.
Cash prizes and fellowship opportunity
After a morning of presentations and an afternoon of professional development sessions, the conference culminates with an awards ceremony. Nearly $17,000 will be awarded to winners in a variety of categories.
The GradShow also provides top participants with an opportunity to compete for the Vice President for Research Graduate Fellowship. Recipients of the fellowship receive up to $4,000 in scholarship and travel support as well as opportunities to participate in professional development workshops, multidisciplinary activities, mentorship and leadership engagement opportunities.
How to prepare
- Find out what is needed for a Visual / Performing Arts or Research / Scholarship / Entrepreneurship proposal
- Get motivated, see previous award winners
- Posters and presentations are not due until the day of the GradShow; however, you must submit your proposal by Sept. 21. A limited number of spots are available in the GradShow. Early submission is recommended. Posters may reflect any stage of your research or may have already been presented at a different conference.
- Submit questions to the GradShow team at GradShow@colostate.edu
- Meet with your advisor to get feedback on your submission