Free 3D printing introduction and scanning courses will be hosted this semester at the Morgan Library Event Hall.
Attendees will become familiar with available technologies, safety hazards and protocol, materials, preparation, and techniques for using the on-campus 3D printers. Registration is strongly preferred.
The course schedule is as follows:
- Feb. 17, 3:30-6 p.m.: 3D Printing
- Feb. 24, 3:30-6 p.m.: 3D Scanning
- March 2, 3:30-6 p.m.: 3D Printing
- March 9, 3:30-6 p.m.: 3D Printing
- March 23, 3:30-6 p.m.: 3D Printing
- April 6, 3:30-6 p.m.: 3D Scanning
- April 13, 3:30-6 p.m.: 3D Printing
- April 20, 3:30-6 p.m.: 3D Printing
- April 27, 3:30-6 p.m.: 3D Scanning
Technology is provided through RamTech, CSU’s one-stop-shop for all computing, software, and electronic needs at educational prices. Additionally, materials can be purchased online or at RamTech as well.
A LulzBot Mini 3D printer can be found in the Morgan Library, while various others can be found in the Engineering Building Idea-2-Product lab. Printing in the library is free as long as users provide their own materials.
Printing in the Idea-2-Product lab requires an additional service fee. Anyone can buy the LulzBot 3D printers at RamTech at educational pricing.
Anything from small mechanical parts to full-scale scanned objects can be created using 3D printing technology. Turn your idea into a product using the 3D printers around campus.