A weather balloon launch will be among the activities at the inaugural FORTCAST Weatherfest, June 24.
Fort Collins Atmospheric Scientists (FORTCAST) will host the inaugural Colorado Weatherfest on Saturday, June 24, 2017, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. All events will take place at the CSU Department of Atmospheric Science, 3915 W. Laporte Avenue, on the CSU Foothills Campus.
Featuring a weather balloon launch and drone demonstration, the event – open to all ages – serves to introduce weather and climate principles through hands-on activities. Dozens of scientists from across Colorado will participate, including representatives from:
- Colorado State University, Department of Atmospheric Science
- The Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere
- The Little Shop of Physics
- Denver-Boulder National Weather Service
- Colorado Climate
- Ball Aerospace
- The Center for Severe Weather Research
- The Earth System Modeling and Education Institute
- University of Colorado, Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
For any questions, contact Dakota Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.