The deadline for proposal submissions for the 2018 Diversity Symposium has been extended to July 20. The Symposium, sponsored by the Office of the Vice President of Diversity, will be held Oct. 2-4 in the Lory Student Center.
Presenters should consider trending topics of diversity in higher education; topics directly relating to diversity initiatives at Colorado State; and current national and international dynamics. Sessions will be selected based on these criteria:
- Creativity is important in presentation style, format and title. Consider that participants will have a wide variety of learning styles. Highly participatory sessions are generally better received. Please remember to include time for discussion.
- Attendees at the conference will consist of traditional- and non-traditional-age college students, community members, faculty, and staff. Please be sure to designate your target audience.
- Priority consideration will be given to proposals that address CSU’s diversity definition specifically.
- Priority consideration will be given to proposals that cite peer-reviewed academic sources in the development of session content.
- Sessions are 1 hour in length.
The selection committee reserves the right to select sessions which align with the mission and vision of the Office of the Vice President for Diversity.
All proposals, including a session abstract of no more than 150 words and a presenter bio of no more than 100 words, are due by July 20. To submit a proposal, please click here.
For more information, please contact VPD Training Coordinator Alicia Sprague at Alicia.Sprague@colostate.edu or 491-6544.