CSU’s annual Diversity Symposium will be held Sept 26-28, 2017, in the Lory Student Center. The Office of the Vice President for Diversity is now accepting session proposals. All proposals, including a session abstract of no more than 150 words and a presenter bio of no more than 100 words, are due by June 30.
Presenters should consider trending topics of diversity in higher education; topics directly relating to diversity initiatives at Colorado State; and current national and international dynamics.
- Sessions are 1 hour in length.
- Creativity is important in presentation style, format and title. Consider that participants will have a wide variety of learning styles. Highly participatory sessions are generally better received.
- Attendees at the conference will consist of traditional and non-traditional age college students, community members, faculty, and staff. Please be sure to designate your target audience.
- Priority consideration will be given to proposals that address diversity specifically.
- Remember to include time for discussion.
For more information, contact Ria Vigil at (970) 491-2297 or Ria.Vigil@colostate.edu.