No limits to research, creativity
“Too many people associate their college education with lectures, tests, and papers…Students at Colorado State have the opportunity to be immersed in high-level hands-on activities.”
~Professor Nancy Levinger, Department of Chemistry
You’re invited to participate in the 21st Annual Celebrate Undergraduate Research and Creativity Poster Showcase! Submit your research and creative activities in one or more of the event’s five categories.
CURC is Colorado State University’s annual undergraduate research symposium. This event recognizes and honors the achievements of students in the areas of research & creativity.
The exhibition itself takes place from 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 22, 2015.
Questions about the event can be directed to Mary Swanson, Mary.Swanson@colostate.edu, (970) 491-2185.
A sampling of this year’s poster projects
- Comparing sensory gating between neurotypical children and children with high functioning Autism
- The Sacred Underground: A study of subterranean Mesoamerican ritual spaces
- Exploring the disconnect between researchers and water managers
- Analysis of ventilation rates and heart rates to build a predictive ventilation model
- Fashion and sustainability: Discovery of college students’ understanding of “fast fashion” vs. “slow fashion”
- Marie Clare: Third wave feminism and the definition of self
- Baseball: A hitter’s game?
- Binge drinking while tailgating among Greek Life
- Composting at Colorado State University
- Flawed conclusions in Brooking’s report on student loan crisis
- The role of intimate relationships in women’s and men’s persistence in science and engineering
- Direct marketing strategies used by Northern Front Range food producers
- The impact of sensation seeking and the “Big Five” personality traits in relationship satisfaction
- Does the NFL regular season determine a successful post season?
- Patterns of snowmelt rates across the Southern Rocky Mountains, U.S.A.
Below are the registrations links for:
- Research Posters
- Service-Learning Posters
- Writing Competition
- Art Exhibition
- Oral Presentation Exhibition
Office of Vice President for Research sponsoring awards
The Office of the Vice President for Research has decided to sponsor awards in the symposium this year. The awards are as follows:
- (Six) $250 travel award for research
- (One) $250 travel award for service-learning
- (One) $250 CSU bookstore credit and publication in the Journal of Undergraduate Research for Writing
- (One) $250 reimbursement for art framing and display in the Johnson Hall OURA offices
- (One) $250 travel award for oral presentations