As a call to action to continue discussions centered around age, gender identity, appearance, ability, experience and more, the Associated Students of Colorado State University is hosting a Discrimination in the Workplace Forum on Tuesday, Nov. 15.
The event will be held 5-7 p.m. in the Lory Student Center Theatre. Beginning at 5 p.m., there will be a brief introduction, followed by individual presentations from each of the five panelists on their areas of expertise. The event will conclude with a question-and-answer session at 6:45 p.m.
Panelists for the event include:
- Diana Prieto, Executive Director of Human Resources for CSU
- Jennifer Mayhew, Assistant Director for Complaints and Disabilities from the Office of Equal Opportunity
- Lupe Salazar, Director of El Centro
- Kristyn Emmer, Career Center Liaison for the Adult Learner and Veteran Services Office
- Janet Freeman, City of Fort Collins Social Sustainability
ASCSU Director of Diversity and Inclusion Erin Vargas-Gutierrez said she hopes attendees will become more aware of different forms of discrimination including race, sex, socioeconomic status, marriage, veteran status, and more.
“I hope that attendees of this event leave with a greater understanding of how these issues relate to students currently in and entering the workforce,” Vargas-Gutierrez said. “Our goal is to provide this message through professionals who are qualified and respected in their fields.”
More information about the Discrimination in the Workplace Forum.