The School of Global Environmental Sustainability (SoGES) is now accepting applications for its Sustainability Leadership Fellows program, which prepares future innovators and thought leaders with state-of-the-art science communication and career development training.
The Sustainability Leadership Fellows program will enhance your career and your ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and lead. The program is open to all disciplines and colleges. The deadline to apply is March 25, 2016.
Program provides fellows with:
• Training to effectively communicate science for the public and media
• Techniques to enhance leadership, time management, and other professional skills
• Strategies for academic engagement in public and political discourse
• Skills, approaches, and tactics to translate knowledge to action
• Techniques for collaboration, building effective networks, and working with investigators from different disciplines to create innovative approaches
• Membership in a growing network of motivated early career researchers across disciplines at Colorado State University
• Advanced PhD student or early career postdoctoral fellow at CSU
• Work related to sustainability science
• Available to attend, participate in training and events throughout the 2016-2017 academic year, including Aug. 18 orientation and Sept. 13-15 science communication workshop
Successful applicants will be selected based on the following criteria: 1) level of interest in communicating science to the public and media, 2) relevance of research related to sustainability science, and 3) applicability of training to long-term career plans.
Priority will be given to applicants conducting innovative and interdisciplinary work and to those with strong motivation to improve communication and leadership skills. SoGES will also ensure candidates represent a diverse group of colleges and disciplines.
For more information, please contact Aleta Weller, research and outreach coordinator.