The School of Global Environmental Sustainability (SoGES) is now accepting applications for its Sustainability Leadership Fellows program, which prepares future innovators and thought leaders with state-of-the-art science communication and career development training.
The SoGES Sustainability Leadership Fellows program will enhance your career and your ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and lead. The program is open to all disciplines and colleges. The deadline to apply is March 12.
What it provides
The program provides fellows with:
• Training to effectively communicate science to the public and media
• Techniques to enhance leadership, time management, and other professional skills
• Strategies for academic engagement in public and political discourse
• Skills, approaches, and tactics to translate knowledge to action
• Techniques for collaboration, leading teams, building effective networks, and transdisciplinary synthesis
• Membership in a growing network of motivated early career researchers from across disciplines at CSU
• Advanced Ph.D. student or early career postdoctoral fellow at CSU
• Work related to sustainability science
• Available to participate in training and events throughout the 2018-2019 academic year, including Aug. 23 orientation and Sept. 18-20 science communication workshop, as well as an April 2019 final event that is to be scheduled.
Successful applicants will be selected based on the following criteria: 1) level of interest in communicating science to the public and media, 2) interest in building leadership and professional development skills, 3) relevance of their research to sustainability science, and 4) applicability of training to long-term career plans.
Favor will be given to applicants conducting innovative and interdisciplinary work and with strong motivation to improve communication and leadership skills. The school will also select candidates to represent a diversity of colleges and disciplines.
For more information, please contact Aleta Weller, senior research and engagement officer.