Africa & Ale presented by CSU’s Africa Center
by CSU External Relations Staff | April 10, 2017 10:11 AM
The Africa Center at Colorado State University, in partnership with Horse & Dragon Brewing Company, will unveil Pombe, a new African ale, on April 26, 4-6 p.m., in Johnson Hall, Room 108.
The event is free and open to everyone age 21 and over. A $5 donation is suggested to help support the Africa Center’s Graduate Student Fellowship Program.
The Africa Center, housed in the School of Global Environmental Sustainability, invests in innovative and interdisciplinary research and engagement that cross-cuts conventional disciplines to address global environmental and sustainability issues.
Students from CSU’s Fermentation Science and Technology degree program in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition helped create the new ale, working with Horse & Dragon’s head brewer Linsey Cornish.
Pombe is a millet beer made in many parts of Sub-Saharan Africa.
Appetizers from Nyala Ethiopian Restaurant will be provided. Wine and non-alcoholic beverages will also be available.
African-inspired art, created by students from CSU’s Department of Art and Art History, will be on display and featured in a silent auction, with proceeds donated to the department.
Questions? Contact event organizer Renee Harmon, research assistant and social media coordinator for The Africa Center.
- The Africa Center: http://africacenter.colostate.edu/
- Horse & Dragon Brewing Company: http://www.horseanddragonbrewing.com/
- Africa Center’s Graduate Student Fellowship: http://africacenter.colostate.edu/about/graduate_student_fellows
- School of Global Environmental Sustainability: http://sustainability.colostate.edu/
- Department of Art and Art History: http://art.colostate.edu/
- Renee Harmon,: mailto://email@example.com
Source URL: https://source.colostate.edu/africa-ale-presented-csus-africa-center/
Copyright ©2017 SOURCE unless otherwise noted.