Ready to ride? Winter Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, Dec. 9. CSU will host a breakfast station, sponsored by Parking and Transportation Services, on the south side of the Moby Arena parking lot from 7-9:30 a.m. The station will serve bike commuters free breakfast burritos, fruit, juice and coffee. The CSU station will be one of several across the city. Bike to Work Day is a biannual event to encourage people to bicycle for transportation, experience the benefits of riding a bike, highlight Fort Collins’ extensive bike routes, and demonstrate that bicycling is an easy, fun and healthy means of traveling around the city. Here are some quick tips for winter bicycling:
- Give yourself extra time. Expect variable road conditions that will likely slow you down.
- Layering your clothing. Here is a great website for clothing considerations.
- Be visible. Wear visible clothing and bike reflectors when the snow falls.
- Tire strategies. From slightly deflating your tires to snow studs, this article outlines your traction options.
- This City of Fort Collins video also offers tips for bicycling in the winter.