Kuder Scholarship applications open
Full-time employees of Colorado State University who are furthering their education are eligible for the Joan Gaynor Kuder Scholarship to help fund their studies. There are two scholarships available for this academic year, each for $2,500.
Joan Gaynor Kuder served Colorado State in several capacities during her 17 years of association with the university. She believed strongly in and encouraged life-long learning, and the important role it plays in employees’ job satisfaction. Her family and friends established this scholarship in her memory in 1989; the first scholarship was awarded in 1992.
The Scholarship Committee is seeking applications from full-time, 9 or 12 month CSU employees (administrative professional, state classified, faculty) who have an active record of academic achievement and advancement, are working toward an identified educational goal, and have contributed to their particular units and/or to the university community by serving in additional capacities.
Employees do NOT have to be formally admitted to a degree program to be considered for this scholarship. Past recipients are NOT eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded Spring 2017, and the recipient must be enrolled at that time to receive the funds.
Deadline for full consideration is 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25, 2016.
Applications and more information available online.
This is a competitive award. It is important that applicants provide thoughtful and clear responses to the questions.
- Currently registered for at least 3 credits through CSU Fort Collins or CSU Online (including the Colorado State University study privilege)
- Stated goal of attaining a degree from Colorado State University
- Eligible employees include full-time (40 hours per week) state classified personnel, administrative-professional staff, and academic faculty
A complete application includes:
- Responses to the short essay questions
- A copy of transcripts (unofficial copy is acceptable) in chronological order
- One letter of recommendation that addresses your lifelong learning
Other questions? Contact Nora Oakson at Nora.Oakson@colostate.edu